2018 LAS Lymphedema Symposium
Registration for the 2018 Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan Education Symposium: Lymphedema and Lipedema Diagnosis, Management and Care on September 6th and 7th in Regina,SK will begin June 11th!
View the poster which includes a registration form. (The poster and registration form are printable from your browser.)
For further assistance email email@example.com.
To register for the 2018 Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan Education Symposium: Lymphedema and Lipedema Diagnosis, Management and Care please visit our membership tab. (Please note you must still complete the registration form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to P.O. Box 37183 Regina, SK S4S 7K4 if you complete payment online.)
Watch this interview on Global Regina on our Facebook page.
2018 Symposium Volunteers Needed
Volunteers are always appreciated! If you are interested in volunteering at this event please email Tracy Gardikiotis at LASconference18@gmail.com
Tickets are $2.00 each or 3 for $5.00. Please email@example.com to purchase tickets!!!
Pizza Fundraiser Results
- Thank You to all Prize Donors
- Doug Pattison
- Lena Nail Design
- Co-operators Life Insurance Company
- Tera Howitt
- Halina Buehler
- Cindy Anderson
- Shelly Flynn
- Jennifer Tourscher
- Lou Flanagan
- Mary Lou Foote
- Karin Leusink
- Heather Stratton
- Joanne Yablonski
- Lana Van Dijk
- Susan Bristow
- Kelly Ann
- Sharon Yee
- The Winning Number of the 50/50 Draw at the LAS Pizza Fundraiser (May 26th) is 366646. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to claim your prize of $252.50
- Raffle Prize Winning Numbers
- 268098 Butterfly Solar Lights
- 268033 Tote & Perfume
- 268044 Movie Basket
- 268416 Big Burger Epicure Set
- 268452 Hoodie and Capris
- 268453 Stepping Stone
- 268391 Epicure Burger Press
- 268073 Mary Kay Package
- 268336 Body Fuel Gift Certificate
- 268401 Epicure Meatloaf Set
- 268084 31 – 3 bags
- 268032 31 Travel Bags
Aqua Lymphatic Therapy Classes
LymphFx Physiotherapy will hold Aqua Lymphatic Therapy classes Oct 13 - Nov 17, 2018.
- Hour long classes for upper and lower extremity edema held over 6 weeks, Saturday afternoons.
- Upper extremity edema: 1:15 - 2:15
- Lower extremity edema: 2:45 - 3:45
- Where: Luther Special Care Home, corner of Wiggins Ave and Osler Street, Saskatoon
- Research based program improves lymphatic drainage, increases strength & joint range of motion, teaches self-care.
- Learn the sequences for self-massage using the hydrostatic pressure of the water to assist fluid movement.
- Add another tool in your "knowledge kit" to manage your chronic edema. A great tool to have if you travel to warm climates during the winter and have access to a pool.
- Course attendees will receive a laminated cue card for take home use.
- Class size is limited to 8 people. A minimum of 4 people is needed to run each class.
Fees: $180.00 (covers trained ALT instruction, pool rental, laminated cue cards, and a required dry on deck assistant)
You can help bring lymphedema awareness and education in SK!
SK Residents, Please help LAS distribute lymphedema brochures and posters to your doctor's offices. Also please ask them if they would be willing to receive a mailed copy of the Pathways magazine for their office free of charge (four issues yearly). LAS must order a minimum of 150 Pathways issues and we would like to use the extra copies towards education.
Please contact us if you would like to help (email@example.com).
Thank You Tracy Gardikiotis and our Graphic Designer, Lori Varishagen-Mazzei for working on the LAS Poster Board to help raise lymphedema awareness & education! The poster board will be used for Education events, trade shows and LAS Symposiums. If you have an event in your area please contact LAS.
2018 LAS Education Day and AGM
A big Thank You to Tracy Gardikiotis for planning the Education Day on May 5th and Thank You to Richard Porter (Porky) who has generously paid for the venue that day!
Read the overview report by Lairie Glenn, LAS Vice President.
Macleans Magazine Article
Kathy Bates Talks of her Toughest Role Yet.
An Introduction To LYMPHEDEMA
For People With or At Risk of Developing Lymphedema
Telehealth educational sessions are offered to clients with or at risk of lymphedema. Family members/caregivers and health care professionals are also welcome to attend. Please feel free to circulate to anyone else you feel should be aware of this.
Above message from: Senior Physical Therapist at RUH Outpatient and Acute Orthopedic Physical Therapy
Presented by the Certified Lymphedema Health Care Professionals Working for the Health Regions of Saskatchewan Via Telehealth
Fall dates will be posted once determined.
Saskatoon: Contact (306)655-2431 for location and to RSVP
Rural Saskatoon Health Region and all other SK Health Regions: Contact (306) 655-1573 to get local contact number, then call the number they provide you for your location and to RSVP
2017 National CLF Conference Report-by Kelly Lloyd
The 2017 National Canadian Lymphedema Conference was held in Montreal on October 27th and 28th at the Hotel Omni Mont-Royal in Montreal. The conference began with business meetings where provincial representatives networked and shared ideas. more...
2017 LAS Education Day Overview
LAS Members may view the AGM Reports when logged in
2017 National Lymphedema Conference:
October 27 & 28
Please note that this site is more for health professional like physicians, nurses, therapists, etc.
You will need to create a profile and you will have access to information such as recorded webinars and upcoming events. You will also be able to register for future webinars.
March 6 is Lymphedema Awareness Day
Your Journey- A guide for Women Diagnosed with Breast Cancer
A new breast cancer patient education resource booklet and video, Your Journey, developed by the Lymphedema Working Group is now available on the Ministry of Health website at http://www.health.gov.sk.ca/cancer-information . A written resource and video will be soon be distributed to all newly diagnosed breast cancer patients across Saskatchewan.
SK Lymphedema Patient's Coverage from SAIL
Compression Garments and Bandaging Supplies
Patients diagnosed with lymphedema in Saskatchewan receive the following (100%) coverage under the SAIL program (Saskatchewan Aids to Independent Living Program) Compression Garment Policy:
- 2 day-time compression garments every six months
- 1 night-time compression garment once per two years.
- Garments include socks (calf), hose (thigh/pantyhose), arm sleeves, gloves and non-elastic garments (i.e., Circa-Aid).
- Bandaging supplies (foam/artiflex, short-stretch bandages), swell spots and scar pads.
- Accessories/supplies such as gel sheets, adhesives, stocking applicators, ulcer liners, and rubber gloves when used in conjunction with a compression garment.
- Patients must have the garment requisitioned by an Occupational Therapist (OT), Physical Therapist (PT), Public or Private CDT Therapist (CDT), Enterostomal Therapy Nurse (ET), Diabetes Nurse (DNS) or Wound Care Nurse (IIWCC).
Charitable #: 844468074RR0001
$20.00 donations or more will receive a charitable donation receipt. (LAS will mail the receipt to you.)
Free Lymphedema Alert Bracelets
These bracelets which are for arm and/or leg say:
ALERT: LYMPHEDEMA No Blood Tests, Blood Pressure, No I.V or Injections into this Arm or Leg. For free bracelet please contact: www.lymphedema.com Peninsula Medical, Inc. ReidSleeve ® 1-800-29-EDEMA
Busting With Energy is Saskatchewan's only breast cancer survivors dragon boat team.
Who Are We?
The Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan Inc. (LAS) is a non- profit organization founded in 2004 by a group of people who recognized the need to help those who have or are at risk of developing lymphedema and related lymphatic disorders. We strive to be a learning association, committed to ongoing education. LAS works to empower affected individuals and their families to successfully manage these conditions.
- To promote health by providing an annual symposium on lymphedema management for health professionals and patients;
- To promote health by providing workshops and educational materials for health professionals and patients on matters relating to diagnosing and treating lymphedema;
- To promote support for those affected by lymphedema by offering education and counselling and by establishing mutual support groups; and
- To undertake activities incidental and ancillary to the attainment of the above charitable purpose(s).
LYMPHEDEMA ASSOCIATION OF SASKATCHEWAN FACEBOOK GROUP
We now have a Facebook group for the Association and all members and potential members are welcome.
Association events will be posted on there. Join and meet other members, ask questions, etc.
You must ask to join. Go to LYMPHEDEMA ASSOCIATION OF SASKATCHEWAN FACEBOOK GROUP
Provincial Facebook Groups
Alberta lymphedema association
British Columbia Lymphedema Association
Lymphedema Association of Manitoba
Lymphedema Association of Newfoundland and Labrador
Lymphedema Association of Nova Scotia
Lymphedema Association of Ontario
Lymphedema Association of Quebec
Lymphedema Association of Saskatchewan
Ombudsman Saskatchewan promotes and protects fairness in the design and delivery of government services, including health services. If you have a concern about government services you've received:
- Step 1: Talk with your service provider.
- Step 2: If you are still concerned, contact Ombudsman Saskatchewan.
Congratulations past and present LAS Volunteers!
Disclaimer — The purpose of the health information on the web site of the Lymphedema Association of SK Inc. (LAS) is to inform and educate. This information does not replace the knowledge expertise, skill, and judgement of health care providers. It is not meant to be used as diagnosis or treatment. If you have medical questions or concern for your own health, please consult a qualified health care provider. LAS makes every effort to ensure that the information on this web site is correct and up-to-date, but cannot guarantee that it is error- free or complete. Links to our website are presented for informational purposes only and any mention of a product, form of therapy, or therapist does not constitute a recommendation.